sync prob with big files

fuzzy_4711 fuzzy_4711 at gmx.de
Fri Dec 9 10:06:21 MST 2011

-------- Original - Text --------
> What is renaming the file?  Your rsync command line implies that you
> are syncing directories.  That means the file names should be the
> same.  That is not the format of rsync's temporary file names.
I gave it another try and started it after ssh to the box using this
command:
nohup ./ic_scripts/executedByCron/sync_NAS_devices.sh >>
/var/log/rsync.log 2>&1 &

This is what I got now:
-rwxrwxrwx 1 bacula pulse    157810688 Dec  9  2011 .bkp-nas-0002.Ysteoo

This must be what you expect as a regular rsync temp file name, I guess.

The file is growing. Let's wait and see, I'll report later. If this is
running right now I learned my lesson
using nohup...

Many thanks to all of you so far.

-fuz