Feature request - timestamp with -v higher than 3

Rob Bosch robbosch at msn.com
Wed Jul 30 03:07:11 GMT 2008

I've been trying to find out how to improve performance with large files
(e.g. Exchange databases > 80GB).  One thing I've found is that reviewing
the log output using -vvvv is difficult to pinpoint what is taking the
majority of the time without monitoring the log "live" which isn't really
feasible on 80GB files.  It would be helpful if the additional logging (or
all logging) included a timestamp (optional?) on the output if the verbosity
level is above X, where X is 3?  Especially in the match.c code segment.
Just my 2 cents.

Rob