Files aren't copied into specified dest directory

Alexander Skwar listen at alexander.skwar.name
Wed Oct 17 11:26:42 GMT 2007

Hello.

I'm using rsync 2.6.9 on a Solaris 9 Sparc system. I invoke rsync like
this:

/opt/csw/bin/rsync --port=55873 -avPi winds06.win.ch.da.rtr::racebeta/xml \
  winds06.win.ch.da.rtr::racebeta/xrfsharedresource \
  /opt/apps/Teamcenter/Production/racebeta

But this results in an error message:

receiving file list ...
12 files to consider
rsync: mkdir "/opt/apps/Teamcenter/Production/winds06.win.ch.da.rtr::racebeta/xrfsharedresource" failed: No such file or directory (2)
rsync error: error in file IO (code 11) at main.c(529) [receiver=2.6.9]

When I do a

        mkdir "/opt/apps/Teamcenter/Production/winds06.win.ch.da.rtr::racebeta/xrfsharedresource"

all is "well". When I run rsync again, files are copied to this
directory.

BUT:
a) Why did the mkdir from rsync fail?
b) Why does rsync copy files to this directory in the first place? That's
not what I want. I want all the files to be copied to
/opt/apps/Teamcenter/Production/racebeta. Why does that not happen?

Thanks a lot,

Alexander Skwar