[clug] Embedded hardware

Chris Smart clug at christophersmart.com
Fri Jul 29 18:09:21 MDT 2011

On 29/07/11 21:03, Paul Wayper wrote:
> On 07/28/2011 06:12 PM, Chris Smart wrote:
> Not sure if this fits your bill, but I've used the WRAP-2 and ALIX-2 from
> Yawarra for that:
>
> http://www.yawarra.com.au

Thanks for that.

And thanks to Ben for his suggestion too, I thanked him offline.

Thanks to Jason who emailed me offline suggesting Advantech.

[snip]

> If you want Mini-ITX, I've gone with Intel, Zotac and Gigabyte.  I wouldn't go
> back to VIA these days, their on-board peripherals tend to be less well supported.

This is the one I'm leaning towards from the USA, Jetway NF99FL-525:
"http://www.logicsupply.com/products/nf99fl_525"

Advantec has a similar good looking board, the AIMB-213:
"http://www.advantech.net.au/products/AIMB-213/mod_32A01454-4BEE-4849-865B-7E074E396C8E.aspx"

> What's your application, Chris?

A project to build a custom router for my home network to replace my
billion box, and experiment with ipv6. It'll be about 5 times the price
and 100 times more work, but sounds like fun.

So I'm after a low power mainboard with a least dual NICs (Intel pref),
mini slot for wireless, PCI slot for ADSL2+ modem card. If I can't find
an ADSL2+ modem I'll bridge my existing router.

-c