[clug] Offtopic: Hacking Roomba(s)

Alastair D'Silva alastair at newmillennium.net.au
Sun Sep 10 12:32:59 GMT 2006

Last week I bought myself a Roomba - great, but I want so much more.

iRobot have kindly provided a programmer interface so you can micromanage
the unit from its serial port (eg, via a microcontroller, IPAQ, etc) with
more recent firmwares:
http://www.irobot.com/images/consumer/hacker/Roomba_SCI_Spec_Manual.pdf

Unfortunately, it seems that the Australian importer has ended up with old
stock that predate the Roomba Open Interface, which means purchasing OSMO
//Hacker firmware update unit (no biggie, about USD$30 + shipping):
http://irobot.com/sp.cfm?pageid=248

Does anybody on the list have one of the firmware updated on hand? If not,
does anyone want chip in for a shared unit?

--
Alastair D'Silva           mob: 0423 762 819
Networking Consultant      fax: 0413 181 661