[clug] Trump Telstra once and for all

Basil Chupin blchupin at tpg.com.au
Mon Oct 9 13:33:19 GMT 2006

Ben wrote:
> On 10/8/06, Basil Chupin <blchupin at tpg.com.au> wrote:
>> Ben wrote:
>> > ADSL2+ covers a huge amount of the population. I'm only on a Telstra
>> > port because Internode 2+ is not available at my exchange - iiNet and
>> > TPG are, but I don't trust them.
>>
>> Care to elaborate re TPG?
>>
>> I am on the Deakin exchange and TPG had it on their ADSL2+ rollout plan
>> (expected completion next month) when suddenly end of July they simply
>> dropped Deakin completely from their ADSL2+ picture but won't tell me
>> why. I am now considering other providers but would like to know what
>> you mean by what you just said about trust.

> I have a history of fighting with telcos. Internode are the only ones
> who have responded appropriately. My main arguments were with Optus
> and Telstra, I came out ahead in $ but not in time.

> When it comes to trust, the problems I have with TPG are:
> * They've off-shored part of their tech support.
> * They have lock in contracts, and have put prices up in the past.

Hardly reasons for "but I don't trust them" statement, surely.

TPG wouldn't be the only ones who have gone offshore for their tech support.

And TPG have actually dropped prices in the past, and as far as "lock in
contracts", Internode also has a "lock in contract" if you care to look
closely at their plans.

Frankly I was expecting some eye-opening revelations about TPG which
earned them your distrust but it turns out to be a simple case of
(?misplaced) prejudice on your part :-) .

[rest pruned]

Cheers.

--
"Every burned book enlightens the world."

                     Ralph Waldo Emerson