[clug] Audio Player

Tarrant tarrant at aeria-design.com
Fri Nov 17 10:49:09 GMT 2006

Rhythmbox Music Player it is.

>From other repositories I added I downloaded MP3 codecs and such
(gstreamer0.10 ugly I think it was.). Works lovely. Just need a good
BitTorrent client now. I've been using Azureus since... well the beginning
of torrents really as I had it running on my ubuntu-server. It's just.. too
fat and a memory whore pretty much. Bittornado is terrible.

It actually took me no time at all to get AIGLX all working - as it's "out
of the box" on Edgy. I have Compiz installed, but it's using Beryl-Manager
with Emerald window themes. It worked straight away without too much
fiddling (once repositories were setup). The only problems I'm having with
it are initial problems. Every time it won't load properly first time.
Requires one start, fails to work properly - restart X and, start beryl
again and it works. Odd, and slightly annoying.

Works so nicely. I did turn off wobbly windows though as they're just
annoying, kept most other features on though. Oh F8, how I love thee.
Reminds me of Mac OSX.

- Tarrant