[clug] Ideas for future talks (and who wants to talk at next month's meeting?)

Andrew Pollock andrew-clug at andrew.net.au
Tue Mar 29 02:56:14 GMT 2005

To kick things off, I wouldn't mind getting an education on how audio works
under Linux.

I've always been blessed by sound that "just worked", and as a result, I
don't really know much about how it works. I couldn't tell you if I use OSS
or ALSA, for example. I run GNOME, have EsounD, and that's about all I know.

My motivation for getting a better handle on how audio works is so that I
can get Skype to work under Linux on my laptop (it installs fine, just
doesn't play ball with audio). I've never done audio-in under Linux.

regards

Andrew

--
linux.conf.au 2005   -  http://linux.conf.au/  -  Birthplace of Tux