[clug] Please recommend a TV Card for Linux

Paul Wayper paulway at mabula.net
Mon Mar 28 13:14:07 GMT 2005

At 02:26 AM 28/03/2005, you wrote:
>Can anyone recommend a cheap TV card with some degree of Linux support?
>
>Two that I was looking at are:
>*LEADTEK WinFast TV2000 XP Expert
>**TV Excel TV Tuner *TV401U+RC
>Neither of these have Linux 'support' as such, but can anyone tell me that
>they work on Linux to whatever degree?

I have the former, and a AVerMedia DVB-T 771 digital card; both work fine
under Linux 2.6.10 kernels (after some initial shaky starts - I still have
to run a script to recreate the /dev/dvb/adapter0/... files).  I use Fedora
Core 3, so this is no problem at all.

Have fun,

Paul

SigClean 1.5a prevents all errors in transcription, transmission, and
reception of eMail, destroys sig and email viruses, and stops flames.
Report all bugs to the author. SigClean is FreeWare. (c)1998-2004 PJW