[clug] Please recommend a TV Card for Linux

Tim Potter tpot at samba.org
Sun Mar 27 21:25:27 GMT 2005

On Mon, 2005-03-28 at 02:26 +1000, Joel Plane wrote:
> Can anyone recommend a cheap TV card with some degree of Linux support?
>
> Two that I was looking at are:
> *LEADTEK WinFast TV2000 XP Expert
> **TV Excel TV Tuner *TV401U+RC
> Neither of these have Linux 'support' as such, but can anyone tell me
> that they work on Linux to whatever degree?

I have just bought a DVICO FusionHDTV DVB-T card and it works a treat
under linux, running a 2.6.10 kernel.  Most analog cards are supported
if they use any of the most popular chipsets (bt848/bt878, saa7134 and
cx88) although you might have to google for particular cards.  I would
have to recommend digital over analog though.  The quality is just
amazing.

> Am I meant to put some sort of tag in the subject for this type of post?

Nope.  Only when you have stuff for sale should you put something like
[for-sale] in the subject.

Tim.