[clug] ACPI problems

Michael Bennett mib at homemail.com.au
Thu Mar 24 23:16:59 GMT 2005

I'm having trouble getting ACPI to work on my laptop (Dell M60). It is
set up to go into sleep mode when the lid is closed. This part works
however when it wakes from sleep the display does not wake up.

I tried the hack that Tridge showed at CLUG of:
chvt 1
echo 3 > /proc/acpi/sleep
sleep 3
chvt 7
This changes the display to terminal 1 before sleep and reverts back to
terminal 7 after waking so that ACPI plays nicer with X.

I've also disabled the nvidia binary X drivers, as well as having no X
server running at all, and I've removed unused kernel modules with no
effect.

If I do echo 3 > /proc/acpi/sleep from the commandline (VT1) when it
wakes up from sleep I can still type and run commands but I can't see
anything.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Seeya
Michael.