[clug] Introduction to Linux Course Offering

Andrew Pollock andrew-clug at andrew.net.au
Tue Mar 22 07:33:15 GMT 2005

On Tue, Mar 22, 2005 at 05:42:37PM +1100, Michael Manning wrote:
> Andrew,
>
> Actually I am still debating with myself whether to use Red Hat Desktop v4,
> Novell Linux Desktop or Fedora for the user desktops?
> I will be evaluating RH desktop 4 and Novell Linux desktop soon to try and
> make that decision.
> Do you have any recommendations - reasons for and against.
>
> I will be doing a Fedora Core 3 install for the server demonstration
> though.

Well I guess it depends on the target audience.

Disclaimer: I'm a Debian zealot.

If it's CLUG member types, (i.e. home users or people using it in their
leisure time) you're best introducing them to a distro they can freely
obtain, whereas if it's people who are likely to come across it in a work
environment, then you're better off going for a "commercial" distribution.

regards

Andrew

--
linux.conf.au 2005   -  http://linux.conf.au/  -  Birthplace of Tux