[clug] Nerdband (was public wireless)

Steve Walsh steve at nerdvana.org.au
Fri Mar 4 07:54:47 GMT 2005

Does that mean we are going to have a field practical this month on hostile
war driving for dummies?

I think it's someone who has a bad case of MMS (My Mate Says....) and thinks
it's safer to turn the gear off and on, but I find it interesting that it's
sufficiently badly configured that even when it's on Channel 11, it still
can cause more than enough interference to make our equipment unusable.

I may have done my deductive reasoning, but short of sitting in Garema place
with a spectrum analyser, the fact that when the AP is up, our gear (and to
a lesser extent, AZURE's) cannot be associated to leads me to believe that
this is the root of our problems.

Steve