[jcifs] Strange authentication

Michael B Allen mba2000 at ioplex.com
Sat Feb 19 21:26:38 GMT 2005

On Sat, 19 Feb 2005 22:06:51 +0100 (CET)
Mike NKONGOLO <mikenkongolo at yahoo.fr> wrote:

> Please again,
>
> I wrote in the beginning of the week to just insure about the process to
> implement ntlm authentication using jcifs and against an active directory.
>
> I've followed all instructions in ntlm authentication description after
> having downloaded jcifs.jar and copy it in the appropriate folder.
>
> But no reaction when trying to access to the application (Tomcat, MS-SQL
> server and JSP pages) via windows credentials (userid and password located
> in active directory).

What do you mean by "no reaction"? NTLM HTTP Authentication is transparent
to the user. Try the filter example as described in the NTLM HTTP
Authentication documentation.

If the filter is truely not being loaded then I suggest you learn
more about servlet filters and how to install web applications on
Tomcat. Perhaps the Tomcat mailing list would be more appropriate forum
to ask that type of question.

In general you are not provided enough information. You must perform more
diagnostics. You should post your web.xml filter section and information
from the tomcat log (with loglevel=3 in the filter section).

IRC - where men are men, women are men, and the boys are FBI agents.