[jcifs] Help: implementation of JCIFS with NTLM authentication against ACTIVE Directory in Win2k

Jason Bainbridge jbainbridge at gmail.com
Thu Feb 17 16:06:16 GMT 2005

On Thu, 17 Feb 2005 12:36:44 +0100 (CET), Mike NKONGOLO
<mikenkongolo at yahoo.fr> wrote:
> Please,
>
> I am new in the area of authentication.
>
> Could someone help me implementing ntlm authentication against active
> directory by the way of a login web page to an application based on JSP.
>
> I need:
>
> 1. An explanation of all the processes (from having jcifs to implementation
> of authentication in the login page if needed.
> 2. Give me steps to follow to implement it quickly
> 3. Give a proposition on how to demonstrate it to public (I've heard that
> ntlm is a silent process of authentication).

In the majority of cases it really is extremely simple to set this up,
just download http://jcifs.samba.org/src/jcifs-1.1.8.jar put it in
your Web Application's lib folder (or the common one if you plan to
use it across multiple web apps), then follow the instructions at
http://jcifs.samba.org/src/docs/ntlmhttpauth.html to add the Filter
details to your web.xml and then restart your web application server.

And if you download the .zip
http://jcifs.samba.org/src/jcifs-1.1.8.zip there should be an example
servlet in there you can use to demonstrate it working, this is also
detailed in the above link.

Regards,
--
Jason Bainbridge