[jcifs] Problem with Authentication !!!!

Krishna Chaitanya chaitanya at ascendum.com
Fri Feb 11 09:01:52 GMT 2005

Hi Mike,

I tried to simulate the same authentication problem in our environment. I
had observed that when i changed my password so that it contains the
character '%'. It gave an smbException.invalid user or bad pasword.

Where as i am able to login into my NT machine with the same password and
access the shared file as well.

is it possible to tackle this problem?

Is % some kind of special character? Should i send a packet capture?

Thanks,
Chaitanya.