[jcifs] NTLMSSP over HTTP and signing.

Christopher R. Hertel crh at ubiqx.mn.org
Fri Feb 4 18:25:38 GMT 2005

Hey, all...

I saw the message below but haven't seen a response.  I'm curious about
the signing support added to 1.1.7.  From Mike's posting on the website:

  "A simple fix has been applied that premits SMB signatures to work
  without specifying preauthentication credentials."

I'd love to now how this works, and whether it has any relevance to the
query below.

----- Forwarded message from Chris <chris at dewrell.com> -----

I'm using jcifs to allow domain users to logon to an intranet site without
having to type their passwords.  The JCIFS software communicates with the
domain server to verify the users.

I just upgraded my version from 1.1.6 to 1.1.7 and am now getting the
following error in my log files.  The error occurs once every couple logons,
with no real pattern.  Does anyone have an idea of what might cause this?

Thanks,
Chris

<snip>

----- End forwarded message -----