Antwort: Re: [jcifs] NTLM handshake slow, and interruped after the 3rd GET

Balazs Szuecs balazs.szuecs at wave-solutions.com
Tue Feb 8 14:51:58 GMT 2005

"Use Integrated Windows Authentication" = yes
"Use HTTP/1.1" = yes
"Use HTTP/1.1 through proxy connections" = no (but the my tomcat runs on
localhost)

I found a post in the archives, with the same problem:
http://lists.samba.org/archive/jcifs/2005-January/004525.html

there is suggested, that you should use an older jcifs version, such as
0.9.6 - I tried it, and it works fine!!!!

I did some research, and I have found out, that those 60s delays are there
because the browser assumes (why?) that it is SimpleNTLM, which is time
based, and can count only in minutes. I don't really understand it,
someone told it to me, and I simply believed it.

I don't know, what the difference between jcifs 1.1.7 and 0.9.6 is, but
0.9.6 seems be ok for me

best regards
Balazs

Jason Bainbridge <jbainbridge at gmail.com>