[jcifs] browsing a smaller network using netserverenum2

Michael B Allen mba2000 at ioplex.com
Fri Feb 4 23:28:28 GMT 2005

On Fri, 4 Feb 2005 16:42:17 -0600
"Christopher R. Hertel" <crh at ubiqx.mn.org> wrote:

> On Fri, Feb 04, 2005 at 04:20:00PM -0600, Christopher R. Hertel wrote:
> :
> > Note that I am specifically avoiding giving jCIFS any credentials to
> > use.  If I use a .prp file, it has:
> >
> > jcifs.smb.client.domain =
> > jcifs.smb.client.username =
> > jcifs.smb.client.password =
> > jcifs.netbios.baddr = 192.168.101.255
> >
> > In most tests I'm leaving the .prp file out and just using raw defaults.
> >
> > I've tried "smb://", "smb://:@/", and "smb://;:@/", all with the same
> > results.
>
> I should mention...
>
> If there are valid properties in the .prp file, and I reference it, then I
>
> get different behavior.  In some cases, jCIFS is (correctly) including
> fields that I don't specify in the URL.

Credentials supplied in the URL override creds supplied via properties.

> In still other cases, I get weird
> things like the list of shares offered by the LMB.

Well this is just because if the server is null it goes for the LMB. That's
all.

The double null creds login and quit business is wrong but it doesn't really
make sense to specify null creds to access smb:// or smb://server/ as any
communication with IPC$ is w/ null creds anyway.

IRC - where men are men, women are men, and the boys are FBI agents.