[jcifs] Domain Controllers

MSDean at beckman.com MSDean at beckman.com
Thu Feb 3 16:53:43 GMT 2005

Thanks Mike,

How would this contrast with Jason's suggestion (below):

See this thread:

http://lists.samba.org/archive/jcifs/2004-October/004174.html

You want to do something like:

UniAddress dc = new UniAddress( NbtAddress.getByName( domain, 0x1c, null));
SmbSession.logon( dc, new NtlmPasswordAuthentication( domain, username, password
);

Regards,
--
Jason Bainbridge
KDE - Conquer Your Desktop - http://kde.org

<<<

-Mark

                      "Michael B Allen"
                      <mba2000 at ioplex.c        To:       MSDean at beckman.com
                      om>                      cc:       jcifs at lists.samba.org
                                               Subject:  Re: [jcifs] Domain Controllers
                      02/02/2005 08:38
                      PM

MSDean at beckman.com said:
> I am using JCIFS to perform NTLM authentication in a Weblogic environment.
> have created a custom authenticator, and the login method is included
> below.

You really should stick with the provided NtlmHttpFilter. It handles a
variety of unusual details.

> My question is, is it possible to avoid providing hard-coded domain
> controllers
> (dc) to the logon method?

Look at how the NtlmHttpFilter does it. You want chal =
SmbSession.getChallengeForDomain(domain) then use chal.dc and at least
you'll be resilant to DC failures.