[jcifs] Inconsistency of authentication !!!!

Krishna Chaitanya kpkchaitanya at gmail.com
Thu Feb 3 15:28:22 GMT 2005

I am using jcifs.jar for fetching files over intranet. It has been
working fine in our enivornment. But, when my application was
integrated in the client environment, I am facing some problems.

Firstly, i have been getting the below error

jcifs.smb.SmbException: The network name cannot be found.
        at jcifs.smb.SmbTransport.send(SmbTransport.java:704)

The file i am trying to fetch is on a DFS(Distributed File System).

Secondly, even if the user has correct credentials, i get the error

Logon Failure: Unknow user or bad password.

This error is not coming for all the users, but is sporadic.

Can some one help me on this.

Thanks,
Chaitanya.