[Samba] Cant access home folder after 4.13.x

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Wed Feb 21 21:14:27 UTC 2024

On Wed, 21 Feb 2024 20:57:32 +0000
evil cRaftKnife via samba <samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:

> What should 'server role' be set to? I have a MIT Kerberos KDC server
> on my LAN and no Windows machines. It has been working flawlessly for
> a few years now.

I am surprised it ever worked, a standalone server has its own user &
group database and relies on local users (of the same name) being in
/etc/passwd. To use kerberos, you would need to join it to the realm
and I don't think your setup as is will work.

I suppose I should point out that you are half way to running a Samba
AD domain.

Rowland