[Samba] Users/admin unable to reset passwords

Mark Foley mfoley at novatec-inc.com
Wed Feb 7 21:52:49 UTC 2024

On Wed Feb  7 15:10:47 2024 Marco Gaiarin via samba <samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:

> Mandi! Mark Foley via samba
>   In chel di` si favelave...
>
> > The next day when users arrived, they got the message to change their password,
> > but the system would not accept the new password.  I had to go back into ADUC
> > and un-set that checkbox.  Then users could log in with the password I had set
> > and change it with Ctrl-Alt-DEL.
>
> This is effectively strange.

Yup. Verified it repeatedly. Checking "users much change password at next login"
does require the user to enter a new password, but it is not changed and the box
is not unchecked. Thus, the user cannot log in at all until this settings is
un-checked. Once un-checked, their old password is what works.

--Mark