[Samba] Error accessing the share_info.tdb file

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Thu Apr 25 15:15:35 UTC 2024

On Thu, 25 Apr 2024 14:44:13 +0000
Philippe Maladjian via samba <samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:

> Thank you for your responses. Now I encounter another issue when I
> try to access the "Security" tab. However, since it is not related to
> my original question, I will create another post.

In your earlier posts, you referred to the 'netlogon' share and that
you were trying to modify its permissions from Windows. I should have
said something earlier, but I will say it now:

DON'T DO IT!

Check/change any other shares than netlogon or sysvol from Windows, but
do not change either netlogon or sysvol from Windows, or you will get
an error from 'samba-tool ntacl sysvolcheck' and will then need to run
'samba-tool ntacl sysvolreset' which will undo whatever you have done
to either netlogon or sysvol.

Rowland