[Samba] Raspberry Pi Version of Samba?

Rowland penny rpenny at samba.org
Tue Sep 22 19:15:34 UTC 2020

On 22/09/2020 19:25, Paul R. Ganci via samba wrote:
> Is there a version of Samba that will run on a Raspberry Pi 2? If so,
> can somebody point me to it? If not can, Samba be compiled on a
> Raspberry Pi 2? Thanks for your help.

I know of a version of Samba for the later versions of the Rpi, but not
the Pi2. You should be able to compile Samba on your Pi2, I used to
compile Samba on an Rpi1 (case of run 'make' and then go to bed and it
would have finished compiling in the morning).

If you want to build packages, then it might be worth having a look
here: http://apt.van-belle.nl/

Louis builds for armhf (amongst others) and may be able to help with any
build problems you may have.

Rowland