CTDB and per record persistency

Ralph Boehme slow at samba.org
Fri Jan 5 15:36:13 UTC 2024

On 12/27/23 08:40, 陈 方进 via samba-technical wrote:
> Hello , I learned from Ralph Böhme's speech on persistent handles at
> the 2018 SambaXP conference that amitay had proposed an idea
> regarding the persistence of each record in CTDB. I'm curious to
> know if there has been any progress since then.

no, unfortunately not. It's several months of work. I haven't been
able to continue working on this in my spare time and so far there's
also no real interest in the industry to fund development of this
feature in Samba.

My Persistent Handles WIP code does some clever tricks to combine
existing ctdb semantics to provide per record persistency. So the real
problem is not really at the CTDB layer, it's more at implemeting
everything 100% safe and correct in the SMB server with tests.

-slow

--
SerNet Samba Team Lead       https://samba.plus/
Samba Team Member             https://samba.org/