Group Policy Ordering

David Mulder dmulder at samba.org
Thu Jan 4 14:46:16 UTC 2024

On 12/27/23 6:03 PM, Joe Dillon via samba-technical wrote:
> I'm at 4.19.3.  I'm missing any commits between its release and today.  Would the changes be in those commits?  From my testing, which is using a policy extension that just prints the contents of the changed_gpo_list, it appears a GPO that changes enforcement status isn't being passed in.
The majority of the changes happened in commit
a8bad5d5b859a2a76ce18919fbe2bf42f8ef7562, but there were some minor
fixes following that one. This patch appears to have landed in 4.19.3.
So there is either a bug in the new get_gpo code, or in the CSEs
processing of the state. If I were to guess, I'd bet it's in the CSE.
>  From my read of the certificate client extension, it appears this tdb contains a custom json representation of the client extension's state.  So, in essence, an extension must parse the pol file, read the current tdb settings, merge them with changed/deleted GPO settings, persist them to the tdb, then apply the settings to the local system (in whatever way the current GPO extension does so)
Correct.

--
David Mulder