State of unix extensions and symlink support

lukaro lists at lrose.de
Fri Feb 2 17:58:13 UTC 2024

Thanks for your replies. I have already heard of security concerns, but unfortunately I didn't understand these yet. If the symlinks are created as symlinks on the server and also returned to the client as symlinks, the client can't access any files it doesn't have access to, even if these are referenced by symlinks. Or am I missing something?

Using the file system smb mounted on the server as well is unfortunately not an option in this case, as the file system is a cluster file system that is mounted natively on many clients that also need access to the symlinks.