Leak Sanitizer in Samba

Andreas Schneider asn at samba.org
Thu Oct 26 07:58:56 UTC 2023

Hi,

you might already know AddressSanitizer. AddressSanitizer also has a
LeakSanitizer built it, however it is disabled in Samba. I'm trying to get it
working as we have memory leaks probably in Winbind and rpcd-lsa. So the last
days I fixed issues which prevented to actually run 'make testenv'. In case
you want to help fixing memory leaks you can use this branch:

https://git.samba.org/?p=asn/samba.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/asn-lsan

I'm currently stuck with memcache and smbpasswd.

The AD DC testenv already starts. It finds tfork leaks on shutdown. It would
be great if someone could fix those ...

Best regards

	Andreas

Andreas Schneider                      asn at samba.org
Samba Team                             www.samba.org
GPG-ID:     8DFF53E18F2ABC8D8F3C92237EE0FC4DCC014E3D