Plans on MSA/gMSA support

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Mon Oct 9 21:06:48 UTC 2023

On Mon, 2023-10-09 at 13:40 +0000, Чудов Игорь Игоревич via samba-
technical wrote:
> Hi all!
>
> Are there any plans on gMSA support in Samba? I wish I could help
> with implementation or testing.
>
> --
> With best regards, Igor Chudov.

Thanks for checking in.  I'm very pleased to say this is on Catalyst's
funded roadmap.  We plan to start on this in the next couple of
months.

It won't be delivered for Samba 4.20, but things going well will be
finished for testing early next year.

We think we have this under control and don't expect to need help on
this one.

Community collaboration is an important feature of free and open source
development, but as with the other item we are already in train on, I
think real-user test and feedback on the user experience is the best
way to help on that.

You are also most welcome to give us feedback on the merge requests
when they are submitted.

Rather than getting deeply involved in this particular project, it
would make more sense to, as you have been already done, to make small
improvements to other areas of the DC that you need.  Hopefully you can get some review on the efforts so far and build on that over time.

This will allow your team to upskill at their own pace, which will be
less frustrating.  Samba is hard!

Samba Team Lead                https://catalyst.net.nz/services/samba
Catalyst.Net Ltd

Proudly developing Samba for Catalyst.Net Ltd - a Catalyst IT group
company

Samba Development and Support: https://catalyst.net.nz/services/samba

Catalyst IT - Expert Open Source Solutions