Displaying streams as xattrs

Steve French smfrench at gmail.com
Mon May 22 06:39:50 UTC 2023

On Sun, May 21, 2023 at 11:33 PM ronnie sahlberg
<ronniesahlberg at gmail.com> wrote:

> A problem  we have with xattrs today is that we use EAs and these are
> case insensitive.
> Even worse I think windows may also convert the names to uppercase :-(
> And there is no way to change it in the registry :-(

But for alternate data streams if we allowed them to be retrieved via xattrs,
would case sensitivity matter?  Alternate data streams IIRC are already
case preserving.   Presumably the more common case is for a Linux user
to read (or backup) an existing alternate data stream (which are usually
created by Windows so case sensitivity would not be relevant).

--
Thanks,

Steve