Just got asked about running two distinct domains on one Samba domain controller

Nico Kadel-Garcia nkadel at gmail.com
Fri Jun 30 23:07:17 UTC 2023

I was just asked if Samba can support two or more domains on one Samba
server. It seemed a very strange idea, in these days of docker based
Samba servers and virtual hosts, since I'd expect each server to run
on a distinct IP address unless you're willing to manipulate your
local firewalls connecting alternative IP addresses to different
ports, and other such nuisances.

Is anyone out there actually running multiple distinct domains on the
same Samba server?  Or are they generally using distinct VMs or docker
containers if they don't have enough servers for their needs? I found
a few notes from a decade ago,

Nico Kadel-Garcia