TLS issues with www.samba.org

John Mulligan phlogistonjohn at asynchrono.us
Mon Dec 4 14:27:27 UTC 2023

Apologies if this has been reported before or already known, but I don't
remember seeing it discussed.

I am currently unable to view www.samba.org and bugzilla.samba.org in Firefox.

wiki.samba.org is not affected.

The error reported is:
---
Secure Connection Failed

An error occurred during a connection to www.samba.org. The OCSP response does
not include a status for the certificate being verified.

Error code: MOZILLA_PKIX_ERROR_OCSP_RESPONSE_FOR_CERT_MISSING

    The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because the authenticity
of the received data could not be verified.
    Please contact the website owners to inform them of this problem.
---

I used Firefox 120.0 (64-bit) and 119.0 (64-bit)

Possible related link: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1259329

I can view the page on chromium based browsers.

Anyway I thought I would share this with the team in case this is news to you.
Thanks!

--John M.