The strange issues happening with ad_dc_ntvfs environment

Andreas Schneider asn at samba.org
Fri Apr 14 19:16:40 UTC 2023

On Thursday, 13 April 2023 19:47:53 CEST Andreas Schneider via samba-technical
wrote:
> On Thursday, 13 April 2023 12:42:05 CEST Douglas Bagnall via samba-technical
> wrote:
> > >
> > > Yes, I'm still trying to get this working downstream and I think this
> > > should still work even if CI/autobuild is not running a full make test
> > > anymore.
> > >
> > > This seems to be a bug in some test and we should fix it.

> > > If I run
> > >
> > >    make -j8 test TESTS="ad_dc_ntvfs s4member"
> > >
> > > it passes just fine :-(
> >
> > The TESTS=ntvfs passed. A full `make test` gives me these:
> >
> > failure: samba3.blackbox.smbstatus.test_json_profile(fileserver:local) [
> > failure:
> > samba3.blackbox.smbclient.kerberos.smbclient.smb3.kerberos.off[//fipsdc/tm
> > p] (ad_dc_fips) [
> > failure:
> > samba3.blackbox.smbclient.kerberos.smbclient.smb3.kerberos.off[//FIPSADMEM
> > BE R/tmp](ad_member_fips) [
> > failure: samba3.blackbox.smbclient_netbios_aliases [foo].smbclient
> > (krb5)(ad_member:local) [
> > failure: samba4.nbt.dgram.netlogon2(ad_dc_ntvfs) [
> > failure: samba4.ntvfs.cifs.ntlm.base.unlink.unlink(rpc_proxy) [
>
> If I run 'make test' in the Samba git tree, I get 4 failures. If I run it in
> mockbuild as part of the RPM building process there are a lot more.
>
> That's strange.
>
> I need to retry it with a release tarball and release flags next.

Aha.

You can reproduce it running 'make test' in the 4.18.1 release tarball using
the attached script to run configure.

Best regards

	Andreas

Andreas Schneider                      asn at samba.org
Samba Team                             www.samba.org
GPG-ID:     8DFF53E18F2ABC8D8F3C92237EE0FC4DCC014E3D