The strange issues happening with ad_dc_ntvfs environment

Andreas Schneider asn at samba.org
Wed Apr 12 17:35:45 UTC 2023

Hi,

there are strange things going on with the ad_dc_ntvfs environment. You can
see it very well with the samba.tests.samba_tool.user.ad_dc_ntvfs test now.

I've created a patch that samba-tool consistently uses LDAP and not a mix it
with local operations.

This fixed a lot of issues. However there is a test called `test_setpassword`
which calls 'samba-tool user syncpassword' which can't use LDAP. So I've
passed it the configuration. However this test fails now, see attached log.

Is it possible that the samba process restarted and works on different
databases now?
Any other ideas?

	Andreas

Andreas Schneider                      asn at samba.org
Samba Team                             www.samba.org
GPG-ID:     8DFF53E18F2ABC8D8F3C92237EE0FC4DCC014E3D