How to test samba LDAP parameters with openldap tools, eg ldapsearch?

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Wed Apr 12 11:06:41 UTC 2023

On 12/04/2023 11:39, Jan Andersen wrote:
> Hi Rowland,
>
> Thank you for replying. I wiped the existing logs, changed the smbd
> service to include '-d 10' and restarted, so I would have logs without
> too much noise - please find them attached along with smb.conf

You appear to be running Samba as a standalone server with an ldap
backend, are you aware that such a setup is two parameters away from
being a PDC ? If you comment out 'server role = standalone server' and
add 'domain logons = yes', it becomes a PDC and a PDC (from 4.8.0)
requires winbind to be running.

Rowland