Can someone please build us a 32-bit Debian container image please?

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Thu Nov 17 01:02:25 UTC 2022

https://github.com/docker-32bit/debian is GPLv3 and small, could
someone please adapt that into our bootstrap system and buildar and
have us build a Debian i686 image for our CI?

We might even be able to do less, provided we do two stages, one to get
enough for our normal bootstrap to run, and then proceed as normal.

We have had (eg
https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=974868) a number of
32 bit bugs, not just the recent PAC issue and we need CI and safe and
easily downloaded image we can use.

We are assuming that 32-bit userspace on a 64-bit host will be enough
for now, so no emulation is needed, just time setting up the image and
getting us past the samba-o3 build on it.

Uri:  You have been incredibly helpful with things like this before,
would you happen to have time?

Thanks,

Andrew

Solutions