[Samba] Samba in Kubernetes (and Containers) - Release v0.2

Anoop C S anoopcs at samba.org
Mon Jul 25 06:43:04 UTC 2022

On Fri, 2022-06-10 at 10:47 +0200, Ralph Boehme via samba-technical
wrote:
> On 6/9/22 23:26, John Mulligan wrote:
> > Indeed, thanks a ton for making this happen so quickly. I can't
> > wait to try it
> > out.  I'll need to make good use of our 'nightly' builds that
> > consume pre-
> > release samba versions.
>
> fwiw, there's also this MR from Jule for the smbstatus JSON output:
>
> https://gitlab.com/samba-team/samba/-/merge_requests/2449
>
> It would be awesome if you could give it a whirl or at least take a
> look
> at the example output and let us know if the output format is spot on
> or
> if there's anything that should be tweaked.

FYI: Our colleague finally got around to try and consume these changes
in smbmetrics[1] and was impressed with the details included as per the
latest patchset. Unless there are any objections let's get this into
master soon(may be even before 4.17 branch is cut :-)).

[1] https://github.com/samba-in-kubernetes/smbmetrics

Anoop C S.