PATCH: make disabling of vfs_snapper consistent with our configure/build system

Björn JACKE bj at SerNet.DE
Tue Sep 1 10:43:11 UTC 2020

On 2020-08-31 at 14:53 +0200 Karolin Seeger via samba-technical sent off:
> The point with 4.13.0 is, that the !snapper in the vfs module list does
> not work any longer (and it does in 4.12). It has been broken by commit
> 7ae03a19b3ca895ba5f97a6bd4f9539d8daa6e0a.
>
> Additionally, Samba does not build by default on many non Linux
> plattforms any longer. The auto dection mode "build if possible" is very
> nice for vendors.
>
> Can we revert this patch for 4.13.0?

reverting the mentioned patch is the most simple and straight forward solution
as the newly introduced option is not required and the generic module
activate/deactive mechanism can be used. Any other solution with redundant new
options adds more complexity or and possibly conflicts.

RB+ from me for the revert of 7ae03a19b3ca895ba5f97a6bd4f9539d8daa6e0a

Björn