PATCH: make disabling of vfs_snapper consistent with our configure/build system

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Mon Aug 31 09:52:17 UTC 2020

On Mon, 2020-08-31 at 11:36 +0200, Karolin Seeger via samba-technical
wrote:

> this is currently a blocker for 4.13.0, so we need a solution asap. Can
> we agree at least on a temporary workaround?
> Or on shippting 4.13.0 anyway?

I'm lost as to why this is blocking 4.13, can you give me the short
version?

My understanding is this:

I get that Björn would like to change our mostly-but-not-entirely
consistent position from 'all features on by default, turn them off if
they don't work for you' (since Waf was introduced) to 'auto-figure
what the system has' (what autoconf traditionally did).

I also get that we have not been entirely consistent.

But we did Waf, and much of this change, back in Samba 4.0 so why is
this blocking the release at 4.13?

Andrew,