samba 4.11 rpmbuild on CentOS7

Denis Cardon dcardon at tranquil.it
Mon Oct 7 12:23:42 UTC 2019

Hi Andreas,

Le 10/07/2019 à 12:56 PM, Andreas Schneider a écrit :
> On Monday, 7 October 2019 11:32:15 CEST Denis Cardon via samba-technical
> wrote:
>> It is built against Heimdal kerberos. The samba.spec is taken from
>> Fedora (thanks Günter and Andreas for doing all the hard work!) and
>> modified to switch from MIT to Heimdal. Actually the hard part for
>> building 4.11 on CentOS7 is the requirement gnutls>=3.4.7.
>
> Hi Denis!
>

> Samba 3.4.7 is only required for MIT Kerberos. If you build with Heimdal
> GnuTLS >= 3.2 is just fine. Just change the required version in the spec file.
>

> With Samba 4.12, GnuTLS >= 3.4.7 will be required!
>
> https://blog.cryptomilk.org/2019/10/02/samba-and-gnutls/

Dear me! I misread the requirements and thought it was necessary from
4.11 onward, whatever Kerberos implementation was being used...

I should have taken more time reading thoroughly your blog post! The
good side is that I learned a few more things on rpm packaging...

I does make building 4.11 definitely much easier on CentOS7... And by
next year CentOS8, which ships gnutls 3.6.5, will get traction when the
new and shiny samba 4.12 will be released!

Thanks for the input!

Denis

--
Denis Cardon