New csbuild run

Martin Schwenke martin at meltin.net
Tue May 21 06:29:24 UTC 2019

Hi Andreas,

On Tue, 21 May 2019 08:19:26 +0200, Andreas Schneider <asn at samba.org>
wrote:

> On Tuesday, May 21, 2019 3:36:07 AM CEST Martin Schwenke wrote:
> > How can I run this locally on my laptop?
>
> you need to install csbuild which is normally available on Fedora. You should
> use Fedora 29 or newer.
>
> You can run it like this:
>
> https://gitlab.com/samba-team/devel/samba/commit/
> 5e996a902488ecb3f6e6afcd528cfdd135038c50#587d266bb27a4dc3022bbed44dfa19849df3044c_228_289
>
> Line 289-296
>
> for 'make -j$(nproc)' you use e.g. 'make -j8'
>
> You don't have to specify a commit range if you just want to get all errors.
> But normally it compare a range. It will create a diff what is new, fixed or
> currently not working.
>
> for '--git-commit-range $CI_COMMIT_RANGE' you use for example:
>
>     --git-commit-range master-mybranch~20..master-mybranch
>
> which will compare the last 20 commits. It is interesting once you fix
> something.
>
> As csbuild also finds quite some false positives, the above command is
> interesting, because of the diff it just doesn't report them as 'new' if it is
> in both commits. So normally you only get newly introduced issues.
>
> Does that answer your question?

Almost.  :-)

I run Debian, so is csbuild available from some other place than as a
package in Fedora?  I know that I could find a Fedora RPM
and unpack it, but I figure there must be a web site somewhere that I
can download it from.   Unfortunately, searching the internet for
"csbuild" finds too many other things.  :-(

Thanks...

peace & happiness,
martin