getting centos7 into bootstrap and gitlab CI

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Tue Apr 30 04:30:06 UTC 2019

On Tue, 2019-04-30 at 06:21 +0200, Ralph Böhme wrote:

> > > Also, could you please look into adding CentOS 7 as a supported
> > > platform via our bootstrap system so we don't regress here in the
> > > future?  There is partial support already, but it wasn't finished
> > > (mostly to avoid chasing two rabbits at once).
> >
> > That is a new area to me. I see that CentOS is listed under
> > bootstrap/generated-dists/centos7/. Would the only missing piece be the
> > centos7 entries in .gitlab-ci.yml, or am i missing something? I can give
> > that a try tomorrow.
>
> that would be much appreciated and I can help with that, but it's
> certainly not a requirement to get your patch for the missing-field-
> initializers in. I'll review later on.

Thanks Ralph for offering to help.  It has been really cool to see so
many folks stepping in to maintain and extend our package list.  It is
lovely to have this task, but even more so the knowlege of how to do it
practically, distributed around the team!

I totally agree this is not a pre-requisite, thanks for making that
clear!

https://samba.org/~abartlet/
https://catalyst.net.nz/services/samba