ldb one-level search performance issue

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Wed May 23 18:55:38 UTC 2018

On Wed, 2018-05-23 at 12:43 +0200, Stefan Metzmacher wrote:
> Hi Andrew,
>
> > I've uploaded the patches with tests to
> > https://gitlab.com/catalyst-samba/samba/commits/tim-ldb-fix
> >
> > and the CI is here:
> >
> > https://gitlab.com/catalyst-samba/samba/pipelines/22482561
> >
> > If that passes, please review and push so we can then do the release
> > (after the python build fix).
>
> "ldb: Add tests for when we should expect a full scan" fails
> "autobuild-private ldb"
>
> metze

Thanks!

I see two lessons here:

- This is a great example of why pre-submission CI is really important,
so we don't waste time on bung patches
- Doing patches in the rush out the door before dinner with the family
never ends well.  The family dinner is more important than the patch,
which will always need rework in the morning anyway :-)

https://gitlab.com/catalyst-samba/samba/pipelines/22531454

(Also already passing a local make test on ldb).

If this one passes, please review and push!

Thanks!