question about file write time update?

ssdl.566 ssdl.566 at 163.com
Mon Mar 12 04:36:33 UTC 2018

 Hi  Jeremy:
              First of all, thank you very much for your replies to my previous questions.

              Recently, I have a question about write time update on normal files.
              I noticed that the file will be marked modified 2 second later after first write , and the write time didnot get changed for subsequent writes until close.
              I want to know why? is this the requirement by protocol? for what reason?
             another question:
              is it possible that samba donot manage write time in tdb, just store and fetch file write time  from underlying filesystem instead?

Peace and happiness
Leilei dong