Does samba have a code of conduct?

William Brown william at blackhats.net.au
Sat Aug 18 00:17:51 UTC 2018

On Fri, 2018-08-17 at 16:53 -0700, Jeremy Allison wrote:
> On Sat, Aug 18, 2018 at 09:29:12AM +1000, William Brown via samba-
> technical wrote:
> > Hi there,
> >
> > I've been thinking about this, and I can't seem to find a code of
> > conduct for the samba project.
> >
> > Maybe I missed where samba has one? If not, is this something that
> > could be considered for adoption?
>
> This has been discussed internally amongst the Team
> members as a possibility and we have not agreed on any text
> we're all happy with. As I'm sure you're aware, code of
> conducts can be a very divisive subject.
>
> If that changes we'll probably post to the web site.

Thanks for that.

If it means anything, I think it's very important that a CoC is adopted
for the project, and would certainly suggest the Rust or Django
communities as models where it has been very successful. They also both
could be sources for the text of the CoC that you may adopt (rather
than reinventing something).

--
Sincerely,

William