Fwd: socket_wrapper changes and ctdb

Amitay Isaacs amitay at gmail.com
Wed Nov 15 09:17:46 UTC 2017

Hi Andreas,

On Wed, Nov 15, 2017 at 2:34 AM, Andreas Schneider via samba-technical <
samba-technical at lists.samba.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm currently trying to move the wrappers to the third_party directory.
> I've
> also changed the ctdb wscript but it always fails in autobuild now.
>
> It fails with:
>
> cp: cannot stat ‘/memdisk/asn/a/b3961373/ctdb/ctdb/tests/var/
> unit_eventscripts/etc/iproute2/rt_tables’: No such file or directory
> Aborted (core dumped)
> make: *** [autotest] Error 1
>
> which seems to be unrelated. The logs are here:
>
> https://git.samba.org/asn/samba-autobuild/ctdb.stdout
> https://git.samba.org/asn/samba-autobuild/ctdb.stderr

Looks like you uncovered a race condition in sock_daemon code.  I am working
on some improvements in sock_daemon. Will post the patches in a day or two
after fixing the race condition.

> Could you please take a look? The repo with the changes is:
>
> https://git.samba.org/?p=asn/samba.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/hea
> ds/master-cwrap

Looks like there are some patches missing from this branch.  I cannot
configure or build ctdb using just your branch.  It needs attached patch.

Also, on debian with glibc 2.24 socket_wrapper requires pthread dependency
for pthread_atfork() function.  On fedora 26 with glibc 2.25 it does not
seem
to require pthread dependency.

Amitay.