Specify WINBINDD_SOCKET_DIR variable before calling NTLM AUTH

Alexander Bokovoy ab at samba.org
Mon May 22 16:12:27 UTC 2017

On ma, 22 touko 2017, Arnab Roy wrote:
> So do I jail just the winbind instances or need to do the same for the ntlm
> auth process ..my ntlm auth is going to get called from freeradius.
At least ntlm-auth. For winbindd you can use 'winbindd socket directory'
in smb.conf and different smb.conf for each instance.

Nothing prevents you from making ntlm-auth a shell script that chroots
into a correct place before running authentication.

> Any chance you can provide little more info on this.
Sorry, that's all I can say without getting hands on.

--
/ Alexander Bokovoy