Re: 答复: The speed of copy is very very slow when much files in the folder

Nico Kadel-Garcia nkadel at gmail.com
Tue May 2 12:43:58 UTC 2017

On Mon, May 1, 2017 at 2:42 AM, vl--- via samba-technical
<samba-technical at lists.samba.org> wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 29, 2017 at 08:50:57AM +0000, Zhangxiaoxu wrote:
>> File System: EXT4
>>
>> The share folder is created in the system disk.
>
> Ok, I had hoped that you are an OEM with a special file system that
> you have control over. With EXT4, the behaviour you describe is "works
> as designed".
>
> You can of course always create a special share with the option to set
> case sensivity for the directories that have a problem.
>
> Samba just has to implement case insensitive behavior on a case
> sensitive file system, and this only works with traversals unless the
> file system has a special case-insensitive index behind the scenes.

Or: abandon case insensitivity. A directory that has 100,000 files
with no sub directories is typically machine generated, as part of
some process. An audit for case insesitive name collisions, and a
review of the process that generates or uploads such files, might be
easy to activate for Zhanxiaoxu's environment.