RFC smbd smb2 quota support (+ patches to get rid of manual marshall/unmarshall by ndr-ising the existing code)

Noel Power nopower at suse.com
Thu Mar 2 12:09:16 UTC 2017

Hi,

I got curious after failing to get any useful response from the windows
quota dialog tab (win8.1 client) when connected to a samba share. Seems
smbd doesn't support some of the quota related messages in smb2. The
attached patches hope to fix that, additionally I tried to clean up some
of the code by removing some of the manual marshall/unmarshall code.

The last patch in the series (PATCH 9) modifies build_user_quota_buffer,
the resulting function is quite similar to the fill_quota_buffer from
PATCH 4, the implementation could be made common for the client & smbd I
think (and probably live in libsmb somewhere) I'd be interested to hear
if that would be the correct place to put it (or even any other
suggestions). If it is ok I would like to do that as a followup patch

Noel